This position will be based in our West Chester, PA office and will be responsible for training, monitoring, and implementing policies and procedures that help prevent injury or harm to workers and property. Inspect project sites regularly, company office & fabrication facilities, machinery, air quality, etc. Identify areas requiring improvement and bring forward best practices and procedures for work sites and work spaces. Responsible to enforce practical, effective safety policies for workers to follow with a goal of zero incidents. Communicates with all employees and assists in building a culture of constant vigilance and improvement of the work environment with regard to safety.
Applicants for this position must have the following:
• A four year degree in Safety and Health preferred
• (5) years of safety experience with experience in building construction, with a working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques
• OSHA 500 preferred
• Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 & 1926
• Capable of identifying known/potential exposures and recommending corrective actions
• Exceptional computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs
• Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
• Must be a team player
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history. Travel to various sites (shops and job sites) in multiple states will be necessary.